The address nearest to Vine’s Boat Landing is 1 Yates Street, Biddeford Maine.
Driving Directions from Interstate 95
- From Rt #95 North and South
- Depart the turnpike at the Biddeford exit #32. (This exit only goes East which is the direction you want)
- Go straight through the first light (Rt #111) to the second light (Rt. #1) and turn left onto Rt #1.
- Go about one mile to the first light – turn right onto West Street (Burger King on corner)
- Follow West Street until it dead ends into Rt #9 (about 5-6 miles)
- Turn left onto Rt #9
- Go about 1 ½ miles to Rt. #208 turn right.
- Go ½ mile until Rt #208 dead ends into Mile Stretch Road
- Turn left onto Mile Stretch Road. You are now in Biddeford Pool. (It takes about 25 minutes from the turnpike to Biddeford Pool)
- Go about 1 mile on Mile Stretch Rd.
- Go past Yates St. (large tree with community sign board and white picket fence).
- The road bears right. Mile Stretch Rd. meets L.B. Orcutt Blvd at the top of the rise. Be sure and watch for the sign. This village is very small.
- Turn left on L.B. Orcutt . Go over the rise and straight down the hill a couple of hundred yards, Vine’s Landing is right behind the Between The Tides gift shop. Parking is very limited. You may park on the road according to the parking signs. If nothing is available, go back up L.B. Orcutt bearing left at the top of the hill at the split in the road. Go a little ways down L.B. Orcutt and you can park on either side of the road all along L.B. Orcutt (park facing the right direction or you may be ticketed). It is a quick walk back down L.B. Orcutt to Vine’s Landing. Be careful to not walk back out on Mile Stretch. Remember L. B. Orcutt bears right at the little intersection from where you have parked. Give yourself plenty of time to do all of this! Fortunately this trip to Wood Island Lighthouse is well worth all of this effort!
- A port-a-potty is available right near the landing and the toilet on the island is functional.
Again please give yourself plenty of time to park and get to the boat on time which is 30 minutes before scheduled departure. Your tour guide will meet you 30 minutes before departure and start the tour right away. (If you are not here by 10 minutes before departure, you might lose your seat to a standby). Saturday’s are particularly busy in Biddeford Pool. Parking in the Post Office lot will definitely get you towed. Please do not park in Goldthwaite’s Store lot – they are very good to us be providing the port-a-potties all summer at not cost to the Friends of Wood Island Light who conduct these tours and are restoring the lighthouse.
If you come early, there are some nice things to do. Goldthwaite’s Store, which now includes the Pool Lobster Pound, serves a great meal you can eat at picnic tables overlooking Wood Island Harbor, you can even see the lighthouse from there. Shopping at the gift shop is also fun. Sitting on the rocks overlooking the “Gut” offers lots of activity to watch!