Make a Reservation
How to Make a Reservation
We offer tours to Wood Island Lighthouse three days a week (Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) throughout July and August, and on Maine Open Lighthouse Day (Saturday, September 9, 2017). We accept on-line reservations only. You may make reservations now for any of our 2017 tours by following these easy steps:
- Click on the “Click Here to Make a Reservations” link above. This will open the reservation page.
- At the top of the page, enter the number of adults, children and infants in your party, then select the date and time of your tour. If the tour you desire is fully booked or not enough spaces are available for your party, you may sign up on the wait list for that tour. If openings arise we will contact those on the wait list sequentially. In addition, we are sometimes able to offer a third tour (if that day’s two regularly-scheduled tours are fully booked), and those on the wait lists will be offered that option if it arises.
- You will be asked to enter your contact information, and the names and life vest requirements of each person in your party. (Life vests are mandatory for children under 13 and optional for adults. We supply life vests for children over 30 lbs. and for adults; visitors must supply their own Coast Guard-approved vests for infants.) To complete the reservation, you must agree to the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an automatic email confirmation of your reservation, which includes important information about the tour. Please be sure to send this information to everyone in your party. Please note that proper footwear is required; persons wearing flip flops or similar shoes will not be permitted to board the boat. You will also receive an email reminder before your tour.
- If you must cancel or there is a change in your party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-200-4552 and leave a detailed message. We often have wait lists for our tours and prompt cancellation will allow us to accommodate other visitors.
- If we must cancel the tour for any reason (rough seas, inclement weather), we will send you an email. If you provided a mobile phone number in your online booking, you will also receive either a text message or a phone call as soon as the decision is made.
- There is no charge for the tour, but we welcome donations to help with the costs of restoring and maintaining the lighthouse. (The suggested donation for the tour is $15 for adults and $8 for children.) Your host will pass a hat at the end of the tour if you wish to donate.
If you have any questions about our tours, please contact us at email@example.com or 207-200-4552 and a volunteer will respond as soon as possible.