Make a Reservation
How to Make a Reservation
We offer tours to Wood Island Lighthouse three days a week (Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) throughout July and August, and on Maine Open Lighthouse Day (Saturday, September 9, 2017). We accept on-line reservations only. You may make reservations now for any of our 2017 tours by following these easy steps:
- Click on the “Click Here to Make a Reservation” link above.
- At the top of the page, enter the number of participants in your party. You can then make a booking for any tour that has enough open seats to accommodate your party. If the number in your party exceeds the number of available seats, the “Book” button will turn to “Wait List” and you will be able to add your party to the wait list for that tour. If you are on the wait list and openings arise, you will receive an email and text message inviting you to sign up for the tour.
- You will be asked to enter your contact information, and the names and life vest requirements of each person in your party. (Life vests are mandatory for children under 13 and optional for adults. We supply life vests for children over 30 lbs. and for adults; visitors must supply their own Coast Guard-approved vests for infants.) To complete the reservation, you must agree to the terms and conditions at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation, which includes important information about the tour. Please be sure to send this information to everyone in your party. Please note that proper footwear is required; PERSONS WEARING FLIP FLOPS OR SIMILAR SHOES WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO BOARD THE BOAT. You will also receive an email reminder before your tour.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, you may do so by clicking the “View/cancel booking” button at the bottom of your confirmation email or you may contact us and we’ll cancel it for you. If there is a change in the number of persons in your party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-200-4552 and leave a detailed message. We often have wait lists for our tours and prompt cancellation will allow us to accommodate other visitors.
- If we must cancel the tour for any reason (rough seas, inclement weather), you will receive an email and a phone call from us.
- The suggested donation is $15 for adults and $8 for children. Donations are encouraged to support our programs and to continue the restoration of the lighthouse property. Your host will pass a hat on the boat during the return trip. We are unable to take credit cards.
If you have any questions about our tours, please contact us at email@example.com or 207-200-4552 and a volunteer will respond as soon as possible.